A geocacher can place a geocache in the world, pinpoint its location using GPS technology and then share the geocache’s existence and location online.
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment. Search for a geocache below or learn more about getting started.
Easy Steps to Geocaching
- Register for a free Basic Membership.
- Click “Hide & Seek a Cache.”
- Enter your postal code and click “search.”
- Choose any geocache from the list and click on its name.
- Enter the coordinates of the geocache into your GPS Device.
- Use your GPS device to assist you in finding the hidden geocache.
- Sign the logbook and return the geocache to its original location.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos online.
Check out the site and start Geocaching! http://www.geocaching.com